Click here HuntingPA.com
Outdoor Community

Hunting Camp Forum

Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >
Topic Options
#2414475 - Wed Oct 26 2011 11:48 AM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: Finn Anthony]
Fleroo Offline
The man

Loc: 2A-Wash. Co.
Whydja have to bump this thread ? I have to go to a "haunted house" Friday night with a bunch of kids. \:o

#2500186 - Tue Dec 20 2011 10:42 AM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: Finn Anthony]
sniperfreak Offline
apprentice

Loc: Ransom, Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: Finn Anthony
Great story Speedbeef. A friend and I have hunted not far from you off of route 75 . On occassion there have been some dandy bucks in the area . One particular doe everyone was told not to shoot because the landowners enjoyed watching her , a piebald . We were not interested in shooting any does let alone the piebald . One Saturday morning she came sneaking through the woods about thirty yards distant so I got a good look at her with the binos. Pretty cool to see such an odd coloration . That season someone said a drive was put on by the local Amish and they took her out . I don't know if that was bad Karma or not , but no bucks have been taken since . It has been three years .....Finn

There's an old native legend that claims that killing a piebald deer is bad luck, and anyone who kills one will never kill another deer. Whether or not it's true, I don't know, as I find piebalds too unique to harvest. I've seen the same piebald buck about six times over the summer while fly-fishing, but haven't seen him since.

#2500215 - Tue Dec 20 2011 11:01 AM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: Jericho]
sniperfreak Offline
apprentice

Loc: Ransom, Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: Jericho
I have never been to Gettysburg, PA but someday I will.
They say Gettysburg and Little Big Horn are some of the
most haunted places in the US.

Suffice it to say, my gf was a complete skeptic until I took her to Gettysburg on vacation two years ago, she claims that she experienced things there that just freaked her out and she still hasn't found an explanation for them, but oddly, she isn't afraid of the place, in fact, it keeps pulling us back. we go there for a week every summer and hope to move there in the future.

#2503036 - Wed Dec 21 2011 07:21 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: sniperfreak]
pumpgun Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Under a Hemlock in the rain
 Quote:

There's an old native legend that claims that killing a piebald deer is bad luck, and anyone who kills one will never kill another deer. Whether or not it's true, I don't know, as I find piebalds too unique to harvest. I've seen the same piebald buck about six times over the summer while fly-fishing, but haven't seen him since.

hmmm, never heard that. funny thing is the last deer my dad ever got was a piebald doe.

#2506006 - Fri Dec 23 2011 01:46 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: pumpgun]
Pine-Creek Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Pa Mountains, Life Member NRA
Gentlemen,
1st let me say I do not believe in Ghosts, however I did have something happen just recently that did give me something to think about. I had been sick for about 4 days,
and some what delerious and somebody was knocking on the front
door of the log cabin. I answered the door and a man about 5'5" tall in his mid 50's stood on the porch. He was dress in the electric company jacket and wanted to know exactly where my electric meter was located. I advised him and as he turned away to go to the meter he stopped and said I really appreciate what you have done to the old place,
its just great, origianl logs and all. I went back to
bed I was that sick. A few days later I happened to see a picture of Ben Franklin and Judge Wilson, they were the last two men who signed the US Constitution. Judge Wilson was also the man who originally built the log cabin on our land in 1774. I swear the guy in that picture was on my front porch. To make sure
I was not crazy I walked around to the meter, it was still muddy and there were no prints in the mud. I called the electric company to make sure they had sent someone out.
Nobody had been dispatched to read the meater that day.
Gives a man something to think about.
Pine Creek

Edited by Pine-Creek (Fri Dec 23 2011 01:52 PM)

#2506254 - Fri Dec 23 2011 04:17 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: Pine-Creek]
RonM Offline
Stopped counting

Loc: Townsend, DE
What were you taking for that cold?

#2522299 - Tue Jan 03 2012 04:10 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: RonM]
demillo Offline
old hand

Loc: Mount Wolf, PA
Here's a couple:

My wife used to work in a nursing home. People, mostly on their death bed, would see/feel all kinds of scary things. People would scream things like "I'm burning, stop me from burning". One other woman told my wife "When you leave, take that man with you." When my wife asked "what man" they pointed to the empty chair.

Another time a woman who worked at the nursing home had taken her ring off to wash her hands. The ring went down the sink drain. It was very sentimental, so they had a plumber take the drain apart--no ring. When she returned home, she found it sitting where she normally left it.

Another one: the first house I lived in was owned by an old woman who happened to die in the home. While I never experienced anything myself, I've had friends as well as my brother and father swear that they heard someone in the attic....as well as in the house. For my father and brother, I had run to the store. They thought I had returned home. Went to check, nobody there.

Lastly, my brothers and father (who live much closer and spend more time at our cabin) all swear they have seen our grandfather up there. They've seen him walk through the doorway between the kitchen and the living room. They always say "Hey" and keep on with their business.

This is a great thread guys!

#2599318 - Mon Feb 27 2012 06:42 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: demillo]
Antlers n Arrows Offline

Loc: pa
lets hear some more stories!

#2679274 - Wed May 23 2012 10:39 AM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: Finn Anthony]
zimmy8851 Offline
apprentice

Loc: PA
Bump...

Wish I could add something, but would love to hear some more stories.

#2680474 - Thu May 24 2012 08:02 PM Re: Haunted hunting camp ? [Re: zimmy8851]
Jericho Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NW PA
bump again, I really enjoy this thread also.

Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Google Ads
HuntingPA Sponsors
60X Custom Strings
ADT Security
Arrowhead
Boondock Outdoors
FoxPro
Growing Up With Guns
Hilltop Seeds
Hunting GPS Maps
Huntworth Gear
James Creek Outfitters
Knob Mountain Kennel
Lancaster Archery
Lowes Whitetail Scents
Martz Gap Hunting Preserve
Midwest Turkey Call Supply
Magees Optics
Mt. Hope Game Preserve
Night Eyes Predator Lights
No Limits Outdoors
On-Point Outfitters
Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine
Pheasants Forever
Premier Hunting Adventures
Randy Kuntz's Taxidermy
Realtree
Stony Gun & Archery
TrailCamPro
Two Bear Outfitters
Ultimate Camo
Who's Online
251 registered (700varmint, 1flyfish, 32-20, 308 ruger, 007hunter, 17 furball, 25 invisible), 641 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Google Ads
Newest Members
Tbone, markkas, Mm1, redgtc, HeclaSportsman
33680 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Black Friday
by awm
hunting in a snowstorm
by Bearklr
WFC co. no. 175 peep sight
by fred lloyd
Mossberg 500G 20 Gauge Pump Shotgun 26" Vent Rib
by rwhmt
Notice-Dave Rodgers-furbuyer
by K Slim
Shooting Birds on the ground
by Muzz
stolen sig sauer p229 mercer county area
by gearhart15
New Topics
Mossberg 500G 20 Gauge Pump Shotgun 26" Vent Rib
by rwhmt
stolen sig sauer p229 mercer county area
by gearhart15
IAny pictures of the 677 pound Pittsfield bear?
by Bearclaw
Thanksgiving Hunt
by Live2HuntPA
06:46 AM
22 mag vs 17 hmr
by kozman4907
04:29 AM
Salt N Pepa
by atr
02:14 AM
Many of the Bolete family of shrooms are edible
by uncle buck