Shaws Archey shop - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Shaws Archey shop

Hello, I'm somewhat new to traditional archery. I plan to have a custom longbow made by Maddog Archery. I need help with finding the correct arrow setup. I would like to lean on the heavier side and have them tuned correctly flying straight. . The problem is I have no clue how to do this. Bow will probably be 45-47lbs @ 25in.

I was wondering if Shaws archery shop is able to make arrows? If I was able to make an appointment and they could see me shoot, adjust them to the bow and make up a dozen of arrows? I would probably buy some accessories too. Do they deal with carbon arrows bc that's what I plan on shooting. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Part of the Community

Yes Shaw's can set you up with some arrows. Mike and Sue are awesome to work with. Yes they do have carbon arrows. They will take their time with you until they get you set up with the exact arrow to for you to shoot with your set up. They usually have a good selection to choose from.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunt Pastor View Post
Yes Shaw's can set you up with some arrows. Mike and Sue are awesome to work with. Yes they do have carbon arrows. They will take their time with you until they get you set up with the exact arrow to for you to shoot with your set up. They usually have a good selection to choose from.
Thank you for the reply. I heard many positive comments rearguarding Shaw's. Like I said, I am new to traditional and I want to go about this the correct way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 05:55 AM
Part of the Community

It's a lot of fun. Mike and Sue got me started and now I'm hooked. If you are ever looking for someone to shoot with and are in the Lancaster area let me know. They can also tell you about shoots and how to connect with other traditional archers. They spent a lot of time with me the first couple times there just to make sure my form was correct and everything was looking good.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

I got a new string put on my bow there Saturday. They had many dozens of beautiful arrows already made.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Regular Visitor

You WILL NOT find nicer or more knowledgeable folks than Mike or Sue. They both know their stuff. Oh Yeah, and they both have embarrassed me on more than one Trad 3D course!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM
New Arrival

It breaks my heart to let all of you know that Shaw's will be closing at the end of March because of Mike's health.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:01 AM

Where are these folks - do you have any contact information relative to address / phone number? I would like to visit their shop but all I can find is Face Book stuff and I don't do FB.

It's not the volts, it's the amps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page