The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2016-2017 Penguins Season Thread

58K views 2K replies 51 participants last post by  justgrad25 
#1 ·
With the opening of training camp just days away i thought it was time to get moving on the new thread for this year. I see Murry is out 3-6 weeks with a broken hand. At least for now, I'm happy they kept Flower around. I think we'll need them both a lot during the season.

#7 ·
Well you know me, anything less than 82-0 isn't good enough...

Sid better have 300 points, Geno 250, and Kessel with 175 goals...

Murray 41-0, Fleury 41-0, 41 shutouts for each...

16-0 through the playoffs, Sid with 100 points, Murray and Fleury with 8 shutouts apiece, Conn Smythe has to be split 20 ways...

#10 ·
TraskOutdoors said:

16-0 through the playoffs, Sid with 100 points, Murray and Fleury with 8 shutouts apiece, Conn Smythe has to be split 20 ways...
Seems reasonable.

#11 ·
Pens finished second in their division last year and had the benefit of watching the Caps unravel late. Winning their division would be a great start. However, the health of this club was better going down the stretch than last year and also we got really lucky with Murray being Stellar! Looking forward, I like their chances of repeating but the injuries have to be minimal and our goaltending must be better. Tightening up the overtime loses would be a shot in the arm as well as playing better on the overtime penalty shots. Gino has to be better plain and simple and Kessel must find the net more, he missed the cage a lot last year.

#12 ·
Watching Crosby in the WHC play with competent wingers is hard to stomach knowing that in just a few weeks he has to be playing with Sheary and Hornqvist...LOL

That line of Sid, Marchand, and Bergeron illustrates perfectly that it doesn't take the best players, it takes chemistry. Bergeron is every bit as cerebral as Sid is and sees plays developing before anyone else and Marchand has the speed to keep up with Sid, the grit to get into the dirty areas, and the finish to put the puck in the back of the net.

BTW, I wonder why gold medalist and 3x Cup champion Chris Kunitz isn't on team Canada???

#14 ·
TraskOutdoors said:

I don't know why this doesn't happen every year!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.