The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Encore rifle was hard to open

977 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  uncle buck 
#1 ·
This year my 22250 Encore sling swivel stud pulled and my Encore rifle hit the ground... Inspection revealed that the stock was cracked behind the hammer... I order a PROHUNTER CAMO stock...replaced it but notice that the action now open and closed with no problem now... I had the 22250 in the shop and had some work done on it.. However inside the wooden stock was a crack that was not visible when the stock was installed... The stock must have been dropped or over tighten at the shop. Cracked, and hence this is what cause a lot of force just to open the action to remove fired and unfired bullets. I'm real happy with the new Prohunter stock. Reason I didn't mess with it is that I did get it open all the time but it just required a harder squeeze to open the action... I do this myself... I do think the gunsmith over tighten the stock to the action and cracked it.. Hence the reason why it just was not working properly to open...Anyway if your action on your Encore seems a bit stiff when you open it... Check to see if the stock is cracked inside where the action bolt is tighten to any of the wooden stocks..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.