Cabin rental near Kinzua or Cooks Forest - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Cabin rental near Kinzua or Cooks Forest

Hey guys

My wife and I (and our black lab Alli) are looking to get away for a weekend in June. We are looking to rent a cabin in the Kinzua area, or around Cooks Forest.

Problem is most places online either don't allow dogs, are ridiculously priced, or are located in a group- we are looking for more of a secluded location.

Do any of you have a place you recommend or have used before? Just looking for any good leads from the locals maybe as it's hard to judge from online ads. I appreciate any info you guys have. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:25 AM

Re: Cabin rental near Kinzua or Cooks Forest

Check out campers paradise in Sigel pa. Super close to cooks forest and the owners, Mike and Andrea are really nice. They have rentals from luxuary cabins with hot tubs all the way down to covered wagons and tee pee's. Give em a call and tell them what your looking for. Pets are welcome as well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Have had my own place in the Cooks forest area for years,it is tough to find a place out of the way that is not expensive. Cherry run cabins are nice out,of the way but kind of pricey. Yes campers paradise is a nice place and not expensive. Also try pagreatoutdoors.com they have tons of listing in both areas you were talking about.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgehunter
Have had my own place in the Cooks forest area for years,it is tough to find a place out of the way that is not expensive. Cherry run cabins are nice out,of the way but kind of pricey. Yes campers paradise is a nice place and not expensive. Also try pagreatoutdoors.com they have tons of listing in both areas you were talking about.
Thanks for the responses! blueridgehunter, Is your place still for rent? If it is I'd be interested if you want to send me a PM. Thanks again
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM

This is off topic with the O.P., but has anyone ever heard form the poster with the username Mutley or something along those lines? I believe he was the one who's cabin burnt down last year and was rebuilding. Just curious as to how everything came together for him.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2813
This is off topic with the O.P., but has anyone ever heard form the poster with the username Mutley or something along those lines? I believe he was the one who's cabin burnt down last year and was rebuilding. Just curious as to how everything came together for him.
Jeff PM sent so thread can stay on topic, but yes he got it rebuilt.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980

"One should not believe everything they read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln, 1865
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 PM

We just recently rented a cabin across from deer meadow campground. It was one of the tophill cabins I believe it was the sunburst cabin or something along that. Decent place 2 main bedrooms, bath, kitchen/dinette area, attached living room area with fireplace and loft with 1 queen bed and 2 small beds. Fire ring and grill outside. Real close to everything. We will go back. Oh yeah a mouse lives in the fireplace we figured that out the first night. Or should I say my wife did when she squealed and jumped on the couch, when he ran back in the hole I just plugged it up with him inside. But all in all a nice place to stay.

Molon Labe
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:32 AM

Try the South Branch Rentals along 321 right near Red Bridge-Kinzua Reservoir. They have several cabins, not bad priced. Only thing I'm not sure of is the pets, but I think so.

Obey the law. Don't worry what others are doing. And just go hunting.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 PM

Try to PM Kinzua man. He hooked us up with someone last year.

The United States of America has the greatest people on earth.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 PM

I've rented these cabins twice, there are some lower scale ones on the website.

http://stonecrest-cabins.com/

I should add the Creekside cabin was a lot more rustic when I stayed in it. Looks like they just re-built it in 2011.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page