Haunted hunting camp ? - Page 26 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 295 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Re: Haunted hunting camp ?

Whydja have to bump this thread ? I have to go to a "haunted house" Friday night with a bunch of kids.

2A-Wash. Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 295 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn Anthony
Great story Speedbeef. A friend and I have hunted not far from you off of route 75 . On occassion there have been some dandy bucks in the area . One particular doe everyone was told not to shoot because the landowners enjoyed watching her , a piebald . We were not interested in shooting any does let alone the piebald . One Saturday morning she came sneaking through the woods about thirty yards distant so I got a good look at her with the binos. Pretty cool to see such an odd coloration . That season someone said a drive was put on by the local Amish and they took her out . I don't know if that was bad Karma or not , but no bucks have been taken since . It has been three years .....Finn
There's an old native legend that claims that killing a piebald deer is bad luck, and anyone who kills one will never kill another deer. Whether or not it's true, I don't know, as I find piebalds too unique to harvest. I've seen the same piebald buck about six times over the summer while fly-fishing, but haven't seen him since.
post #253 of 295 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have never been to Gettysburg, PA but someday I will.
They say Gettysburg and Little Big Horn are some of the
most haunted places in the US.
Suffice it to say, my gf was a complete skeptic until I took her to Gettysburg on vacation two years ago, she claims that she experienced things there that just freaked her out and she still hasn't found an explanation for them, but oddly, she isn't afraid of the place, in fact, it keeps pulling us back. we go there for a week every summer and hope to move there in the future.
post #254 of 295 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
There's an old native legend that claims that killing a piebald deer is bad luck, and anyone who kills one will never kill another deer. Whether or not it's true, I don't know, as I find piebalds too unique to harvest. I've seen the same piebald buck about six times over the summer while fly-fishing, but haven't seen him since.
hmmm, never heard that. funny thing is the last deer my dad ever got was a piebald doe.

My diploma is a DD Form 214
post #255 of 295 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Gentlemen,
1st let me say I do not believe in Ghosts, however I did have something happen just recently that did give me something to think about. I had been sick for about 4 days,
and some what delerious and somebody was knocking on the front
door of the log cabin. I answered the door and a man about 5'5" tall in his mid 50's stood on the porch. He was dress in the electric company jacket and wanted to know exactly where my electric meter was located. I advised him and as he turned away to go to the meter he stopped and said I really appreciate what you have done to the old place,
its just great, origianl logs and all. I went back to
bed I was that sick. A few days later I happened to see a picture of Ben Franklin and Judge Wilson, they were the last two men who signed the US Constitution. Judge Wilson was also the man who originally built the log cabin on our land in 1774. I swear the guy in that picture was on my front porch. To make sure
I was not crazy I walked around to the meter, it was still muddy and there were no prints in the mud. I called the electric company to make sure they had sent someone out.
Nobody had been dispatched to read the meater that day.
Gives a man something to think about.
Pine Creek

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #256 of 295 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 PM

What were you taking for that cold?
post #257 of 295 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Here's a couple:

My wife used to work in a nursing home. People, mostly on their death bed, would see/feel all kinds of scary things. People would scream things like "I'm burning, stop me from burning". One other woman told my wife "When you leave, take that man with you." When my wife asked "what man" they pointed to the empty chair.

Another time a woman who worked at the nursing home had taken her ring off to wash her hands. The ring went down the sink drain. It was very sentimental, so they had a plumber take the drain apart--no ring. When she returned home, she found it sitting where she normally left it.

Another one: the first house I lived in was owned by an old woman who happened to die in the home. While I never experienced anything myself, I've had friends as well as my brother and father swear that they heard someone in the attic....as well as in the house. For my father and brother, I had run to the store. They thought I had returned home. Went to check, nobody there.

Lastly, my brothers and father (who live much closer and spend more time at our cabin) all swear they have seen our grandfather up there. They've seen him walk through the doorway between the kitchen and the living room. They always say "Hey" and keep on with their business.

This is a great thread guys!

-=Demillo=-
post #258 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

lets hear some more stories!
post #259 of 295 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Bump...

Wish I could add something, but would love to hear some more stories.
post #260 of 295 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM

bump again, I really enjoy this thread also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page