Centre county cabin for sale - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Centre county cabin for sale

There is a cabin for sale just outside the town of Sandy Ridge, Centre County - 814.342.1927.

I dont know anything about the cabin, its back a gated road, that I never walked back. What I can tell you, this place is surrounded buy 30-40 thousand acres of public land; GL and SF. The GL's are being intensively managed right now with extensive timbering and contolled burns planned. The SF had had about 4,000 acres timbered the last few years thanks to the gypsy moth, with more trees still being marked. Within a 30 minute drive, there is more public land then you can hunt in a life time.

While some will complain about the deer population, the increasing roadkills in the area tell a different story. Bear and turkey are abundant. If you like trout fishing, there are plenty of small brookie streams, and you are an hours drive from all the famous trout streams in the state.

Some might consider this area paradise, I call it home.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan
Re: Centre county cabin for sale

Lost thanks for posting I will be calling about it tomorrow. I am looking for a place in Centre County.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 PM

Great area to have a camp or live in Everything he said is spot on as I know the area well but but not exactly sure which dirt lane with a cabin he's talking about- There are a few. Good luck if you have the opportunity on this one!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:15 AM

Great post! Thanks Jeff.

41Mag, did you get an asking price/any info? PM me if you want. Not trying to steal it out from under you, just curious.

IF YOU SEND ME A PM, I WON'T GET IT USUALLY UNLESS I SEND ONE FIRST. REPLY & TELL ME TO PM YOU
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Did anyone get the particulars on this place yet? Acreage, price?

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 05:20 PM

It is a 15' x 30' cabin originally built on 1 acre of land. It has had an addition added onto it of 15' x 12'. Electric, telephone, cable and an outside outhouse. The owner has a 50% Interest deal with neighboring property owner that will also comes with this cabin deal. The 15 acres ajoins to SGL. He will have pictures in a couple of days! ASKING $60,000 FIRM Hope this helps!

The past can not be forgotten, but the future is anything you want it to be.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks Buck, I was able to contact them just a while ago. The only wrench is the other guy who shares ownership in the 15 acres. He lives in Boston. Personally, I would not share the rights wih a stranger, thats asking for trouble.If you buy the place, you are dealing with him as a partner, like it or not. Of course you could offer to buy him out, but he would have the upper hand. Sounds like a weird one for sure.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 PM

Thats what was going through my head as well. It was the son of the owner I was speaking to as well. Iffy situation to say the least. He said that the owner of the 15 acre property is rarely around much at all! Just something I am not ready to get into!!!! I am looking forward to seeing the pics though!

The past can not be forgotten, but the future is anything you want it to be.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 02:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan

I just spoke to this guy tonight and his brother was going to get pics this weekend. I am waiting to see if I hear back from him.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:14 AM

Whoever gets pics, can you please post them? Does the Boston guy share ownership of the cabin lot/cabin as well or just the neighboring 15?

IF YOU SEND ME A PM, I WON'T GET IT USUALLY UNLESS I SEND ONE FIRST. REPLY & TELL ME TO PM YOU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page