I think the legislature should stay out of deer management

I do support a 3 day doe season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 AM

Re: HB 1370 Three Day doe Season

I think the legislature should stay out of deer management

I do NOT support a 3 day doe season

Im a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 AM

I support a 3 day doe season.
post #34 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 PM

NO DOE SEASON FOR 1 YR....
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM

3 day doe season---back to a 3 day doe season-- never happen

Genesis 27:3
post #36 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefromthesky
It's about managing wildlife, not producing a product.

And that's "the real deal."

Sadly, too many in our ranks no longer understand that hunting is a conservation tool.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BLUE

My thoughts exactly,,

I vote for a 3 day season. Somewhere in this state you can hunt deer from September 21st through January 25th depending if you want to travel between WMU. That's 14 weeks of deer season and only 2 are rifle most is archery. Just my observation that there has been too much pressure on the deer heard in Pa especially in the big forests. Farm country seems to handle the pressure better than areas such as the Sproul and Rothrock. Was at camp over the weekend and hiked for hours and miles over two days and only saw 1 deer a non-shootable fork horn. Also saw 1 coyote, dozens of squirrel a porky and 2 grouse. All in All it was a nice weekend though.

As for the legislature, well they can't even Manage the State so why do they think they can manage wildlife!!

Treken In The Sproul
post #38 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BLUE
Dumbest idea EVER!! Do you have ANY idea how much this could affect hunting? The anti-hunters would be ALL OVER that, and arguing that if it can be shut down for a year, then it could be shut down for good....

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #39 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:51 PM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4c_game_chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPO-Sharkey
I understand that there are some areas of PA where the deer herd has been decimated but there are others, like 2D, where there are still many deer. This should not be state wide. It should only be in the areas that need it.

2D doesn't start doe season until the first Saturday. I like it that way and don't want to go back to the 3 day doe season. That would mean having to take additional vacation days and it would also keep kids from participating because they have school.

I like the early muzzleloader season (so I guess I'm a whiner) and I like taking my son out in October for the JR/SR antlerless season. Here in 2D it has NOT decimated the herd and this law would cause there to be too many deer.
I think that is the ultimate issue here, there is no "blanket fix all" for PA. Regardless, no one from either end seems to be able to comprehend that and large scale changes continue to be proposed. It is time to take EVERY WMU, on it's own, and do assessments. Those assessments should always include current feelings of the people who matter, the hunters. How dang hard is it to have a 5 question survey required by every license buyer? They do it with game birds. sometimes I think many don't want the problem solved.
They do have data from every WMU and that's how they make recommendations.Using the input from hunters is exactly what got us into the problem we're in.The vast majority of hunters have no clue how many deer are there or how they impact the habitat.Let the professionals manage the wildlife with the data they have.
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
The intent of this bill only pertains to the general rifle antlerless season which is currently 1 or 2 weeks depending on the wmu. In essence removing the concurrent season and replacing with a separate doe season no longer than three days. There is no intent to change the early youth and senior rifle hunt, or any existing archery or muzzle hunt.
My buddy and I have always enjoyed hunting the special late antlerless rifle season in 5C and the farmer appreciates it too. Would this season be eliminated? For us it is a good time to put valuable meat in the freezer, especially if we haven't filled a tag earlier. Once again our legislators are ridiculous and incompetent and should stay out of the PGC and PFBC's business and stick to the areas of governance they're already horribly awful at.

Nevermind, I just saw that this season has already been eliminated where I hunt in Northampton County. I didn't even realize it, not too happy about it either. Now I have to make the little time I have to hunt the regular rifle season really count (wish I had saved a few more vacation days, I sure will for next year!)

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page