The Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation is focused on ensuring that hunters, anglers and others who enjoy the outdoors have a voice in the debate about how to balance natural gas drilling /slick water / fracking with important values, including clean water, healthy habitats and our hunting & angling heritage.
SAMC Summit Meeting
Saturday, June 4th
University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown Campus
Sportsmen and women, and conservation groups are working together to identify and propose solutions to mitigate the impacts from gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing on hunting, fishing and trapping experiences.
Learn more about the Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation efforts and listen to experts in the field, along with sportsmen and women with first-hand experience, discuss the following topics:
· [ ] Potential impacts of Marcellus Shale gas development on wildlife, coldwater fisheries, and habitat and forest ecosystems;
· [ ] Impacts of Marcellus Shale gas development on the outdoors experience;
· [ ] Lessons from oil & gas development in the West;
· [ ] What you can do as an individual outdoorsmen; and
· [ ] How sportsmen and women interests can be protected through policies and best management practices that protect fish, wildlife and the outdoors experience.
Doors open at 8:00 a.m.,
Opening remarks start at 8:45 a.m. and
the conference will conclude by 4:30 p.m.
Directions to the Summit: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/directions.htm
Food and Lodging: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/FnL.htm
Summit Details: http://www.sportsmenalliance.org/conference.htm
Attendance is free, space is limited
Registration is required
Registration closes on May 31, 2011
The Sportsmen Marcellus Shale Summit is sponsored by the Sportsmen Alliance for Marcellus Conservation, comprised of the following organizations:
Trout Unlimited (along with several state chapters)
Quality Deer Management Association
Izaak Walton League
The Wildlife Society
New York State Trappers Association
PA Forest Coalition
Theodore Gordon Fly Fishers