SPIRIT of the HUNT is going to rest ! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

SPIRIT of the HUNT is going to rest !

The Spirit is slowly drifting into a needed rest time .
For 90% of people it the Spirit will just hide in the back of their memory until maybe September or October then it will come forward?
It will awaken some what for Spring Turkey season but not as it does for the pursuit of the Whitetail deer?
This is not a bad thing but it gives the hunter a rest also? I can't shake the Spirit as i seem to be able to relive every hunt i have ever been on!
Watch how the site slowly just slows to a crawl till it come near the season and the Spirit comes awake again ?

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:44 PM
WOL

I am checking trail cams next weekend. If I get some nice bucks, the spirit will live again for a little while. Then, around late-June, when the bucks start really getting nice antlers again, the spirit will be back. Weekends will be spent running trail cams, planting some food plots and day dreaming about nice bucks.

There will also be a little fishing mixed in there, as well as my son's baseball, summer basketball and football camp to keep me occupied in the off months.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Still on trail cam patrol, removing stands this weekend all 11 of them. A small respite for 2 months but then off for sheds plus some March scouting for next year. And then onto shed hunting. No fishing, that fire has gone out, no will to fish anymore. Golf a lot then till August, hanging stands in between. Repeat season. Man, I love the SRA'S... But it takes a lot of work with little rest to get on top of those furry buggers.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 PM
B B
Part of the Community

From deer and bear to trapping. Turkeys then to striper and then flounder and back to deer, not to mention running cams year round, scouting, moving stands and shed hunting... the spirit is alive and well in me although work sometimes does get in the way.
Birch812 likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:11 PM

Like BB, with me the spirit does not end with hunting, it is like the seasons, when one ends another begins.
I can target shoot gun and crossbow year round behind the house.
Don't ski much anymore but will go tubing when someone comes up and wants to go. I am in the woods often and work on the quads or equipment getting it ready for summer or just making sure it is ready when I want it.
Starting around mid March I open up the shore house and get the boats ready to try and get my share of the 3 fish 19" minimum for flounder. Will be ready for spring and fall striper but they are getting harder to plan.
By then its time to get back getting ready for hunting season to roll around again. Doe licenses to apply for, DMAPs to buy..

The older I get the quicker each of the seasons roll around and realizing I probably don't have 20 seasons left in me anymore makes the spirit burn all the brighter and makes me more determined to go all out since you never know when it will be your last.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:38 PM
B B
Part of the Community

^ 3 fish @19" gonna make things interesting... hehe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:39 AM

The spirit is bright with gobblers' everywhere this season. Ain't much that stirs my spirit more than gobblers' that are willing to play. Good luck to all!

The difference between dreamers and achievers is action.
One try is worth a thousand guesses.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

The hunting "spirit" is simply a part of who I am. It won't go away until I do.

God willing, that won't be for a while yet!

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

My season officially ended late January with the late woodcock season in Maryland. I like to fish but don't do as much of it as I used to. I'll begin being truly "alive" again on September 1, when sharptails and huns open in Big Sky Country. I'm blessed to be retired with a motorhome and enough money to put fuel in it! As long as there are wild birds and pointing dogs the "spirit" will shine brightly for me!! God Bless us one and all!!

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest" Paul Simon.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 PM
New Arrival

The spirit started when I was a young lad, my dad took me out to shoot the 22 then the 32 Winchester special and I heard ok button you're ready for the deer hunt. First day after a night of barely any sleep on stand with my dad and in and out of dozing off I hear, Ok button here he comes get your rifle ready, heart pounding so hard I could feel the beat in my neck and head, mouth dry, hands shaking but determine to make my dad and myself proud I pull up the 32 special and hear the spirit say again get ready he's turning broadside. Well I don't even hardly remember after that and I think it was due to being so caught up in the spirit until the rifle went off and the deer fell. The spirit still visits me every year but not to that extreme (sometimes) and If the spirit ever doesn't show up from time to time throughout the year I'll know it's time to stop hunting and thank God for all the good years I've had.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page