The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Center Point Sniper 370

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  pajasonc 
#1 ·
Looking into my first crossbow. After ... 25 years of bow hunting with long, recurve, and compound. My shoulder is ready to have a break.
So I'm pretty much sold on the Sniper370. But was also looking at the Barnett Ghost385. Until I compared reviews and price. Both have great reviews but the ghost is more than double the price. Anyone care to sell me on one over the other?

Thanks!

#2 ·
center point is made in china and the quality control is crappy at best. The scopes are terrible and the trigger is horrible! I am not a fan. Barnett has come a long way and is much better bow. Your looking at the shallow end of the pool when it comes to xbows.

I would suggest looking at Parker,Excalibur,10-point. Either of these three would be 10 fold better than the bows your asked about.

#6 ·
The reason a lot of scopes fail when purchased as a crossbow package is the higher in
feet per second a crossbow shoots, the more recoil. The same applies to a rifle. A scope
that will work as an example: on a 30.30 fails when installed on a 7mm Remington
Magnum. I had a personal experience with this.

#8 ·
No price range in particular. Just don't want to spend twice on something that will do less then the cheep model. Also scope is a non issue. Already plan on replacing the scope on whatever I get. But the scope did well in the reviews for the sniper, the ghost they did not. I will look into the other models you guys mentioned. I can spend as much as I want, but don't want to throw away money. I hunt for meat so a $3000 xbow is kinda pointless if I already can do the same with a $300 vertical bow. The plus to the xbow is I have a 9yo who is interested in going turkey hunting for the first time this spring. If I get something adjustable we will get her ready.

#9 ·
I found a Excalibur Exocet bow with right stuff package for $300.00 used at my local gun store. This bow is awesome, 330 fps and has good glass varizone 4 power multI reticle made by Excalibur. If ya look you can find good bows for a decent price. You don't have to settle for crap.

Happy hunting Koz

#11 ·
I to just bought my first crossbow! Now I have to say I just bought a new Elite compound too.
Been bow hunting 27 years and have no intention hanging up the vertical bow.
I bought the sniper 370. Great value for the money. After talking with a friend who has many crossbows told me about how he liked it and reading and watching reviews on it, I bought one!
Mainly for my girls, I have 3. But also as a back up, for gobblers and for after Christmas.
For 250$ if I get 4-5 years out of it I'll be ok with it.

#12 ·
I think you will find that with only a few exceptions they are all made in China! I have read the scopes aren't the best on the Sniper but the same goes for a lot of the cheaper x-bows. As long as I am able to accurately shoot my Z7 I won't spend any amount of $$ on a x-bow whether it is $300 or $1,000!

#17 ·
I got one based on the reviews. I haven't shot it yet. It is said to be a good value for the money. Honestly, I don't have access to the type of hunting property that would justify me spending 1-2 grand on a xbow. Also, I don't have the income either. I've never shot a xbow before, so I might not even notice the deficiencies, if there are any.

#20 ·
I have a barnett razr ice that I really like but I killed just as many deer with a old eagle 6 chinese knock off crossbow. They will all kill deer at normal archery ranges. Some have a advantage of being able to restring yourself, excalibur and mission. But excalibur's are wide even the martrix models and the missions aren't exactly cheap! They all have pluses and minuses and they will all break at times. Pick the one that fits best, you will shoot it best.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.