The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Sportsman Guide Anyone??

6K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  Finley1 
#1 ·
Anyone deal with Sportman Guide?? This past winter i bot an ice fishing suit from them & was very pleased with the quality plus service. I think they just landed a very good customer!

#3 ·
I belong to the buyers club and have gotten some real good deals on tree stands,etc....If you use the coupons and wait for free shipping days, you can do quite well......Quality of their hunting clothes seems decent, but inferior to Cabelas clothing in most cases....Still manage to spend a lot of money there, as Sportsmans Guide seems to sell everything under the sun!

#6 ·
Had good and bad with them. Last thing I bought was a pair of 1000gm thinsulate boots size 11. The left boot was very tight and the right boot was too small to even start my foot into. Explained the problem but they didn't refund the shipping.

#7 ·
I have bought off them for years and the buyer's club is good deal, I have always been satisfied with their service, one thing is that you should check is that some of their products can be over priced, before you buy compare prices every now and then they slip some high price stuff in on you. over all a good company. JMO

#8 ·
If you are planning on spending something in the $500 range within the next year, the buyers club is the way to go.....They are always running BC specials, and your e-mail will be visited daily with offers, which sometimes are FREE shipping days...That is when I buy.

#9 ·
Yeah,,,since I bot my ice fishin suit been getting emails almost eevry day with offers. Lotta hungry retailers out there these days.

Just bot several pair of the Carhartt 5-pocket Jeans, Slight Irregulars for only $16/pr. Outstanding price but just hope they aint too irregular!
Also ordered Guide Gear 5-in- 1 Jumpstarter with Power Inverter and Air Compressor which was on special. Wont have any problem hitting 500 bucks!

#16 ·
I was turned on to Sportmans Guide on an Ice Fishing Board where some ice fisherman were praising their Guideware ice fishing Parka/Bib combo being comparable to others costing several hundred more. Ordered one & they were 100% right!!

#17 ·
I was gonna order a CVA Electra M/Loader from them that they had real cheap.But didn,t cause an inline isn,t for me.But they sent me a whole shipment of someones elses order to me by mistake!I hurried up and called em cause it was the week before X/MAS and I figured it was a present.They didn,t seem concerned or care that I recieved it and that the customer didn,t.They said they had no way of knowin how to contact the correct person and would have to wait till they called in to report their order never arrived.I was agast!I had to practically beg them to send me a return label so I could return it so the customer could get it.The lady wasn,t concerned in the least that they wouldn,t get it by X/MAS.It took them a week or more before I got the label.If that was Cabelas,they would have takin care of that very quickly.

#18 ·
Bought USMC R.A.T hot weather boots (Bates) from them last fall. Great buyers club price $40-$50 less than anybody else. About $200 less than MSRP. Described as seconds but look fine to me. Liked them so much I bought another pair (notice they are sold out now). Liked them so much that I bought a pair of the Wellco temperate R.A.T boots (goretex or other weather proof membrane) and like them also.

Best deal I ever got from them

Just checked. They again have the hot weather boots. $25 more than they were last fall. Guess they discovered they under priced them. Still not a bad deal.

#19 ·
I have just started to buy from them. Got some good prices on stuff. No complaints for me. Actually switched from Cabelas due to having many items from Cabelas being out of stock when I order. Have not had that with Sportsmens guide yet. So long Cabelas as far as I'm concerned.

#24 ·
hunterdan199 said:
buyers club all the way. cabelas is a rip off.
Cabelas is notoriously known for charging full retail price for everything. If you look around at all you can beat their prices. Their service has gone downhill also. Almost every time I try to order from them, the items are out of stock and backordered. Their purchasing department does a lousy job. Everyone gives them a free pass because of their name and the convenience of everything under one roof.

#25 ·
The only way I buy from Cabelas is if I have a lot of points accumulated on my Cabela card or if free shipping or some other special is involved....Same with Sportsmans Guide...Buyers Club prices are often good but not always great...Free shipping comes around often enough that it is worth waiting for..Same with $10 coupons...I have never paid full price for anything at SG.

#26 ·
I actually was a Cabela's worshipper for a logn time, but it got to where i would not make a buy there unless it was in their bargin bin or inventory clearance catalog, when things finally got priced to about where they should be in the first place. Since they got heavy into "cabelas Properties" and guides and trips, and this and that, you can see that the cash cow catalog has been asked to fund that load and prices inch up to where they are now.

I actually started getting "The Guide" catalog sent to me when a member here requested a SG gift card for the buck pool in 2010...and although there is alot of what i would consider junk (or for a better term , stuff you did not know you may need and likely don't) in the catalogs, it does make for a interesting flip thru instead of a page with 198 varities of gloves and boots.

My BIG kudos goes to SG though for offering their Guide gear full platform double ladder stands last year for $ 139 (member priced), it was Perfectly timed with me switching out most of my single stands for doubles in 2011 (solo stand just ain;t my game anymore).... I got 3 of those and was impressed with the quality, they went up great, strudy as a rock, and it played a BIG part in us having the best year of our hunting life last year. BIG part. I have looked forward to their catalogs since....

Cabela's does have me hooked on their Legacy fleece though...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.