Matthews halon 32-6 " was anti matthews" - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 04:54 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

That's one thing I thought was gimmicky in the Defiant marketing, but actually seems to play out as they say it will.

The cam design gives a 32" ATA bow a string angle of a 34" ATA bow. It feels nearly identical to my Bowtech Captain in that regard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Part of the Community

My previous two bows have been Mathews (Outback, Z7). I have shot new bows the past 3 years wanting to get a new one but just didn't find anything that was better than the Z7. Last year I flung a few arrows with the Halon and didn't care for it much. This year I tried the Halon and Halon 32 at the same time, each only a few arrows and still didn't seem to think they were much better if at all better than the Z7. Recently I was able to a good amount of time shooting the Halon and Halon 32 and began to really like them. I decided that if I could find used Halon for a good price I would pick one up since I wanted a new bow and needed a back up (Z7). Finally got a smoking deal on a used one fully set up just how I would do it myself and went for it. The more time I spend shooting it and fine tuning it to my liking, the more amazing I think it is compared to my Z7. I have yet to have a bow that balances as well, holds as steady, shoots as quite, or is as accurate. Even the shots I break off that feel like they were bad are spot on. AND the Stone Tactical looks killer!

Lesson I learned is that you really need to spend some time with a bow to see how you like it, flinging 6 arrows in a busy shop is not going to do it.

Mathews Z7 29" 69#
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Yeah finally learned that this year. Most years had in my head what I wanted. Shoot a few and oh well get the one I wanted. This year just happened by chance. Still not fond of the looks but it shoots. Most forgiving bow I have ever shot. Shots I pull are still right there. My last hoyt would have been 6 to 8 inches off at 20.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page