The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Lewisburg show

3K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  USAF_SP 
#1 ·
Ive decided to head down to the show Feb 3rd if anyone from northwestern pa is going or wants to go and ride together to split on gas and not have to ride hours alone pm me we can hook up and make the trip together. I'm even up to stay both days and get a motel in Lewisburg so we can attend both days and don't have to drive both ways in one day. I'm in the tionesta area. If interested let me know.

#7 ·
Getting anxious. One of the two annual events we look forward to. Hoping to also make a few other events (Ft Bedford and Frederick) for the 1st time this year and put them on our list of annual events.

#9 · (Edited)
A little somethin'? That's sacrilege!

A speed block is a little something, parts for a rifle or pistol are a little something. A homemade bag strap, bag-o-balls, some powder, etc. is a little somethin'.

An Allen Martin Rifle just ain't categorized as "a little somethin'! ;)

Unless You are gonna name it "Lil Sumpthin'"!

#10 ·
Dangit.......I was gonna just let that hang out there for a while and see if anyone got curious. ;)

I already told Matt / PA he best not be putting slobber marks on it before I get there Saturday. It's got just the right patina and aging too it...it doesn't need his help, lol.

#13 ·
Even tho it is more powder and lead costs, I knida like the idea of treerat slaying with a .600 ball! A nick would kill, and a passby would scare them to death!

#16 ·
We're going to try and be there at 8am Saturday for breakfast if anyone wants to meet up

#18 ·
Whatever the name of the restaurant is in there. Even earlier morning for us, it's about an hour drive for us to get there. For those that want, msg me and I'll give you my number to call/txt.

#20 ·
If they allow me to, I will be carrying around a really nice Ed Wenger 20ga fowler with a for sale flag in it on Friday (I should be easy to spot)
Nice gun, nicer price.....:) Nice wood, engraved, and had it jug choked "full" by Danny Caywood so it could be used as a turkey gun, small game....will still shoot roundballs.
Lots of possibilities if you guys know anyone interested.

The Friday crew can all meet at Allen Martin's table to take turns sweating on Tom's new rifle.....I was gonna fill the barrel up with skittles for him anyway. LOL

#23 ·
True.

Except Matt feels my rifle needs his slobbery thumbprint as more "patina".....so it'll have to be pretty effective bait.

That fancy Beck you looked at that Allen had last year at Lewisburg should do the trick, if it's not yet sold. Matt seems to have a soft spot for Becks lately. Until he flips to something else. ;)

#28 ·
Just for info, I'll be wearing a Strategic Air Command hat and a little lady with me if anyone wants to say hello

#30 ·
Sorry Matt ... The Beck is sold and now lives in Kentucky !! I have a few other rifles that might get you attention !!
However , since Tom's new flinter is a 36 caliber (wimpy) .. bring miniature skittles as regular ones might get stuck in the barrel !!!
Or M&M's .... I like either one !!!

Well I just finished packing my truck ... heading over in a few minutes .
Today is set up day for the table holders .

Swing by and say hello ...

Allen

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.