Bear Rules and Regulations - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 PM

Re: Bear Rules and Regulations

yes I know, but OP is asking bout hunting by a dumpster and was told it could be baiting....

"As a former DWCO here in PA and regardless of what anyone else tells you, if you were caught hunting "on", around or near the dumpster site you speak of, you most certainly can and should be charged with hunting over bait."

but that bear two years ago was hunted by a dumpster but deemed not hunting over bait ?? just saying....

exocet w/STS, ground pounder
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961
yes I know, but OP is asking bout hunting by a dumpster and was told it could be baiting....

"As a former DWCO here in PA and regardless of what anyone else tells you, if you were caught hunting "on", around or near the dumpster site you speak of, you most certainly can and should be charged with hunting over bait."

but that bear two years ago was hunted by a dumpster but deemed not hunting over bait ?? just saying....
maybe that is why he is a " former " dwco . if a dumpster was bait , how could I ,and many others trap coons near dumpsters ?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:10 PM

I think raccoons are a bit different from a bear, again OP asked and I gave an example bout a bear that was hunted knowing it was going to a dumpster at the same time for dinner each day and being fed as well by people....if that is ok, then I think more people will start hunting there trash cans in there back yards then ....

on a side note dietsch....looks like you are still rattle snake hunting, guess ya bought a fishing lic you said you weren't going to....I still want to tag along next year with ya ....

boo string and trigger
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM

had to get the license , first ever ! my son is doing his senior project on pit vipers ,so figured it best to be legal
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 03:48 AM

there ya go ....

boo string and trigger
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961

maybe that is why he is a " former " dwco . if a dumpster was bait , how could I ,and many others trap coons near dumpsters ?
If you don't know what you're talking about and have nothing better to say than to try and insult someone, its better to just keep your uneducated mouth shut. I used to love dealing with "know it alls" like you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page