First week of Nov archery bear - Page 5 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm not saying all of them are baiting, just this one particular crew he said that is baiting. Now the crew of dcnr guys, I have no doubt there #'s are legit in archery season. Like you said, they are in the woods 24/7 and know the mountains in the area better than anybody.
Coureur De Bois likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Part of the Community

bear archery in buck rut wmu2g clinton county

We have to live with early oct muzz season for doe.This causes the Bucks to leave area or become noc-turnal..It takes 5/10 days for Buck to maybe get back to normal or return to area..With archery bear crews driving it will upset the rut week ..The local crews in clinton county they cover a lot of territory for bear with crews of 25 members..

Mor pressure on Bucks more noc-turnal they wil get i see it now with just the oct muzz week road hunters have everything spooked so bad deer do not move until after dark.Now add in this driving for bear archery before rut I DO NOT like it at all...
thinman likes this.
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Don't the bowhunters already have a week for bear? I don't bear hunt so I'm only asking why another, and earlier, week? I also believe that the state would like everybody to quit rifle and take up bow.
thinman likes this.

Six weeks of cross bows did not ruin the rifle season. HR & AR already did that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTER COGBURN View Post
We have to live with early oct muzz season for doe.This causes the Bucks to leave area or become noc-turnal..It takes 5/10 days for Buck to maybe get back to normal or return to area..With archery bear crews driving it will upset the rut week ..The local crews in clinton county they cover a lot of territory for bear with crews of 25 members..

Mor pressure on Bucks more noc-turnal they wil get i see it now with just the oct muzz week road hunters have everything spooked so bad deer do not move until after dark.Now add in this driving for bear archery before rut I DO NOT like it at all...

And those squirrel and grouse hunters too... Only archery deer hunters should be allowed in the woods. Yeah, right...
thinman likes this.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 01:56 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
And those squirrel and grouse hunters too... Only archery deer hunters should be allowed in the woods. Yeah, right...
small game hunters do not drive ..They do not spook the Buck at all but gangs driving do..I have no problem with grouse hunter I am one and if i see archery hunter I go to another spot....GANGS driving for archery bear will cause bucks to become noc-turnal or move out of area....
thinman likes this.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner48 View Post
Don't the bowhunters already have a week for bear? I don't bear hunt so I'm only asking why another, and earlier, week? I also believe that the state would like everybody to quit rifle and take up bow.
YES bear archery hunters have week after deer archery ..IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY...Driving hurts your chance if you hunt alone to pattern a Buck that last week of archery deer ..Having crews driving week before rut will upset things badly...The early muzz week screws up our hunting badly in archery with crews driving for doe and road hunter after road hunter riding roads....
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:22 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Maple View Post
I suppose archery bear could end and the muzzy week moved to end the pain. Give bear to muzzy, add buck, and place that season in the vacated archery bear week.
Leave archery bear week as is and move oct muzz doe week to archery bear week ...That would be great for archery deer hunters.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page