Eastern Sport and Outdoor Show (ESOS) BOYCOTT - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Eastern Sport and Outdoor Show (ESOS) BOYCOTT

Is everybody aware of the boycott due to their policy change concerning 'assault' weapons? They're not even allowing a sign by companies who make these style of guns. From what I understand, they had a whole section devoted to AR's and the like, it's all been eliminated. Lancaster Archery, among others, have already pulled out, taking a $2600 loss.

I know this is a big show with waterfowlers, I just thought you guys may want to know.

The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 PM

Re: ESOS boycott

who is esos?

Don't shoot brown ducks!!
post #3 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 PM

Many other non-firearm vendors have also decided not to attend. These are many small businesses that have already paid for their space. They will lose all funds spent to attend the show to display solidarity in the face of the decisions of the management at the ESOS. We need to support these businesses to help them recoup some of their losses. Not typically a "boycott" type of person however I will not attend this event.

"Watch your own bobber" - PTO
post #4 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM

Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show

post #5 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Hi everyone, In case you didnít hear, The company the runs the Harrisburg Sportsman Show has just banned the selling of so called assault guns as well as the sale of any accessories for these guns and even the advertisement of these accessories at the up coming show. I have sent an e-mail to two of the people who handle this show. One is the Event Director and the other is the operations manager. I told them that I am planning to not attend the show this year due to this. If anyone is interested in contacting them about this, they can be reached at the following addresses: Event Director cohara@reedexpo.com and the Operation Manager shaile@reedexpo.com The company that is responsible for promoting the show is know as Reed Promotions.

Having one child makes you a parent; having two makes you a referee... Take your kid's hunting!!!
post #6 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM

I have gone with my father every year I can remember so for at least 19 years. I talked to him the other day and we are not going due to the band. Always a good time but sometimes you just need to make a stand.
post #7 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 PM

This is a very worthwhile movement. Wish there was a list of all the companies that backed out so that we could post them up. If this isn't in the guns and gun conrtol sections someone should post it there. I've heard about this through the grape vine. I wouldn't step foot in that door knowing this.
post #8 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM

To not even allow pictures of freedom rifles is going way to far, the will take sportsman's money at the door. Then turn their backs against them.

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

post #9 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:20 PM

duck water boats is one there is no way i will be going. a+ duck water for pulling out

you cant fix stupid IVE TRY"ED
post #10 of 185 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM

I'll try to post the list here when I get time.

Yes Mark, the Hoov is taking a stand as well, I was making a video for him to loop at the show...still gonna make it for later but now I'll have more time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page