coyote hunting during archery deer - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

coyote hunting during archery deer

sorry if there's already a thread/topic/post about this, i couldn't find one. i don't do any archery hunting, so i'm not sure what the regulations are for coyote hunting. i know the regulations say during big game, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtakers license. so does that mean i can only hunt coyotes - 1)during the day, 2)only if i'm archery hunting for deer(and a coyote comes within range), 3)the combination of 1 <span style="text-decoration: underline">AND</span> 2, and/or 3)i can hunt them any time IF i HAVE a furtakers license? it's just confusing when reading the regulation. there can be so many "if's" and "and's" and i don't want to do anything wrong. i do know you can't hunt coyotes at night during rifle(deer) because you can't use lights at night. i guess my question is can i hunt coyotes night/day/both during archery deer, WITH a rifle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 AM

Re: coyote hunting during archery deer

You may hunt them at night with a rifle/shotgun/bow/crossbow, if you have a furtakers license or you may harvest a coyote during archery season while hunting with a pa hunting license/Archery Stamp. You have to be legally hunting a big game season in order to take a coyote or have a furtakers license!

The past can not be forgotten, but the future is anything you want it to be.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

i'm still confused. example, it's archery season(for deer). i want to go out at night for coyotes this weekend(12-14 OCT). i don't have an archery stamp, but i do have a furtakers license. your reply was - i have to be legally hunting big game(which would be archery[deer], with a bow and archery stamp in possession) in order to take a coyote. but i don't have to be legally hunting big game, if i have a furtakers license. that's the part that's confusing for me. sorry if i'm making it a hassle lol, it just seems like a trick answer. "legally hunting big game with archery stamp" and "furtakers license" is the angel and demon on either side and i'm the "OR" in the middle. or put it this way(sorry, still just trying to figure this out) - in order for me to take a coyote(this weekend) i - 1)am out in the woods hunting big game with my archery stamp(no furtakers license) and coyote runs up on me, so i get him with my bow. OR 2)i have a furtakers license so it doesn't matter if i'm legally hunting big game or not, and i can go out(again this weekend, during archery) at night with my rifle. that's my intention this weekend - archery season, hunting coyotes at night, with my rifle, no archery stamp, but with my furtakers license.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM

So you need the furtaker for yote hunting at night?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

yes, i have a furtakers license, i want to hunt at night, during archery, with a rifle for coyote.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater
So you need the furtaker for yote hunting at night?
no. coyotes are in 24/7. if it's in deer season, you need a valid deer tag, and if it is bear season you need a valid bear tag.

if you have a furtakers license you can hunt in the deer and bear seasons without valid tags.

2D hunter.
Sponsored by myself - PROSTAFF.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 03:08 PM

After legal shooting hours( durning archery or bear season) or before legal shooting hours one does not need a Fur Takers License. Night hunting can be done without a Fur Takers license. Why? because one can not legally hunt deer or bear at night.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 AM

Thanks, here in Md. they started a few years ago you need a fur stamp to take one regardless of what time. Its in expensive like 5 or ten bucks but kind of stupid to charge for a stamp when Dnr wants them taken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page