can a convicted felon carry a crossbow ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

can a convicted felon carry a crossbow ?

can a convicted felon carry a crossbow ? can they even get a license ? a crossbow is certainly a weapen in the pgc eyes. lastly, is it legal to carry a crossbow during rifle season ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Re: can a convicted felon carry a crossbow ?

Legally it is a deadly weapon. Can't carry any in the name of the law. Has nothing to do with game laws.

Somebody I know got convicted of a felony years ago, and still has to answer to his PO why he has a box cutting knife in his pocket.

Venison - The other fast food
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 PM

This one hits a nerve for me, so you/your friend is a convicted felon, which means found guilty of a pretty serious crime that prevents you from owning/carrying/using a firearm. SO, time to skirt around the law and see if a crossbow is considered a weapon so you can own it or hunt with it. Just what the woods need, more idiots who gave up rights by their own actions and now want to skirt the law to get what they want....Just perfect..Where can I donate to this great cause.

If your a felon, you did something very wrong, deal with it and the circumstances that came from YOUR actions and stop looking for loopholes in the laws that you broke in the first place.!

Hostile Local...

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM

There seems to be alot of dispute on thsi topic. My bro in law has a felony drug posession on his record. His PO said he can hunt with archery, crossbow, and black powder weapons. He carries an in-line during deer season. He was told if it is a gun you can buy via mail without an FFL, including black powder Navy replica handguns from cabelas, he can use it.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM

my friends dad was convicted of a felony for a white collar crime
He was still able to archery hunt
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 PM

blitzinstripes,
This is not directed towards you as your not the one with a felony record, but this is another example of individuals who knowingly broke laws to commit crimes. As usual, they can spend more time now trying to skirt around the gray area of whats considered a weapon. Would anyone here rather get shot with a .50cal inline or a .270 rifle. No difference, both will kill you one will just leave a bigger hole. So why should any convicted felon be allowed to use ANY weapon that can legally kill an animal. All we are doing is allowing individuals who have been sentenced for crimes to have the same rights as us law abiding citizens. I disagree with it, you loose rights when your stupidity (drug possession felony in your brother in laws case) makes you loose those rights, no one made you do it.

Hostile Local...

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 12:45 PM

His PO better read the PA uniform firearms act because black powder firearms are included in firearms felons may not posess.

Life is short, Eat dessert first!
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 PM

no

The greatest thrill of my life
is to gut a deer with a knife
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM

I really don't agree with it for certain felonies. My buddy got accused of rape from a girl that took him home from a bar one night and her husband showed up home early from work so she cried rape. Naturally he ended up losing the case, spent two years in prison, now he's a felon and cannot posess a firearm. If a person , ex con, felon, anyone wants to get a firearm to commit a crime, it's fairly easy, and I see this law preventing very little time.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
His PO better read the PA uniform firearms act because black powder firearms are included in firearms felons may not posess.
I know the WalMarts in my area don't sell guns, but they still sell muzzleloaders. Can a felon buy one of those?

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page