Bounty on coyotes??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 AM

Re: Bounty on coyotes???

It says that it would authorize the PGC to pay $25.00 per coyote. Is the game commission willing to shell out that kind of money? It sounds to me like it's some disgruntled deer hunting legislator trying to force the PGC into this.

The horizon is your starting point.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 AM

I saw this the other day . mike peifer lives about a mile from me . know him fairly well . why he would do this is beyond me . i'll have to ask him next time I see him . he's a big hunter ,mostly rabbits .
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM

Bill was introduced by Representative PEIFER
District 139 Republican, serving Monroe County (Part), Pike County (Part), Wayne County (Part)

He swears the coyotes are killing all the deer and peoples pets...

The bill main tenets are a dedicated $700,000 withdraw from the game fund to pay a $25 bounty on coyotes.

Of course, people have told him that all such efforts have failed in all places it was tried. Temporary reductions turn into huge increases and larger litters due to more available food.

Then the reduction in hide prices due to more being available.

This bill passed the house G&F Committee today. Needs two more votes in the house and then a full senate run as well.

Bad bill - we all know it.

If you oppose this bill, contact your representative and be clear in your opposition.

Find Your Legislator

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...ator/index.cfm

<span style="color: #006600"> Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss?</span>
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Oh yeah, this is not state money. this bounty will be paid out of the game Commissions Game Fund. Our money from our license fee's.

Less money for the habitat work, fixing GL roads and access. Less money for everything that frankly most are demanding more be done on. Worse, it just plain will not work.

Bill text is here (short read):

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legi...534&pn=2049

How they voted in the committee:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legi...3&rNbr=1219

<span style="color: #006600"> Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss?</span>
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
I saw this the other day . mike peifer lives about a mile from me . know him fairly well . why he would do this is beyond me . i'll have to ask him next time I see him . he's a big hunter ,mostly rabbits .

All this is is feel good legislation.Mike has a huge problem with yotes on his land.

He's tried telling me that we're "infested" with yotes and that hunters won't shoot yotes because the fur has no value.

Bottom line it's all about the legislators having control over the PGC!
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM

Just spoke to my reps office voicing my opinion against this bill I suggest everyone does the same. They also told me where to get info on this and other bill progress so here is the link http://www.legis.state.pa.us/ .
Going to call the senators office next.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
So we're to drop $700,000 of our $4 cuz HE has a yote problem??? This boy needs a new job - maybe someone will PAY him to hunt coyotes, but I don't want to!

All this is is feel good legislation.Mike has a huge problem with yotes on his land.

He's tried telling me that we're "infested" with yotes and that hunters won't shoot yotes because the fur has no value.

Bottom line it's all about the legislators having control over the PGC!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 PM

casey ,he is a bit off the wall . love it in bear season when I get a text from someone in his gang ... hey ,hows it going for you guys ,we shot two coyotes . I then respond . good here we killed a few bears ,and then I get pics of coyotes the next day again telling me how they shot a few more so I send them pics of some more bears and keep telling them to shoot all the coyotes . you would think that they could do the math and figure it out
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM

I would gladly support this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page