Fur Prices ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Fur Prices ?

Has any one got the latest prices for coon and coyote ?

Taxidermist

On the borders of Tioga, Lycoming, and Bradford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 AM

Re: Fur Prices ?

I don't know about any actual sales this early in the season yet, but the Trapper & Predator Caller is forecasting 10$ - 15$ on coon and 25$ - 35$ on coyote. I don't know how you sell your fur, but remember that these prices are for put up fur. Fur that's green or in the round will be a lot less. (I don't know how experienced you are so sorry to preach if you knew all that already)

If at first you don't succeed.... reload!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM

Also trapper & preditor caller figures are based at what you would see at the auction houses not at your typical local buyer. You can figure close to half those amouts if selling local and even less if in the round. It's so easy to send stuff to auction I can't figure out why everyone doesn't do it unless you just can't wait to have the cash in your hand. There are a couple local auctions in Pa. fellas made out pretty dang well at this past season. I don't know which auction they were though.

Honesty is my only excuse.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply folks, I was just wondering because I have'nt heard of anyone around here selling anything yet.

Taxidermist

On the borders of Tioga, Lycoming, and Bradford
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 PM

i sold some fur earlier this week $30-red fox $25-gray fox $8-$10-coon $20-mink $8 muskrat
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoontrapper
I don't know about any actual sales this early in the season yet, but the Trapper & Predator Caller is forecasting 10$ - 15$ on coon and 25$ - 35$ on coyote. I don't know how you sell your fur, but remember that these prices are for put up fur. Fur that's green or in the round will be a lot less. (I don't know how experienced you are so sorry to preach if you knew all that already)
A month ago I sold 3 coon in the round and got $15.00 for a jumbo, $11.00 for a medium and $3.00 for a beat up small. Buyer told me he'd give a couple extra bucks for skinned. Unless you're selling a large amount, to me, it's not worth it. Cutt

" Put that smell down. Won't come around without that smell."
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 PM

Sold some to the guy in Atlantic just after Thanksgiving.. 9 for coon and 7 for rats
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttnRun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoontrapper
A month ago I sold 3 coon in the round and got $15.00 for a jumbo, $11.00 for a medium and $3.00 for a beat up small. Buyer told me he'd give a couple extra bucks for skinned. Unless you're selling a large amount, to me, it's not worth it. Cutt
Wow, that's good! $15.00 for a jumbo coon in the round is awsome. I just got a letter from NAFA last week with the latest speculation for the upcoming February sale. They don't expect coon to do real well but looks good for fox, mink and muskrat.

The horizon is your starting point.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Don't mean to hijack thread but CuttnRun, can you PM me your buyer? I have been looking for a buyer out this way. My furs are skinned but no fleshed. PS CuttnRun if you could clean out your PM's that would be cool so I don't have to mess up a thread. LOL Thanks

Rule #1 Why Go To Waiting
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM

Sounds like quite the variety of prices. Out here Rodgers has (and dont quote me for exact prices) round prices of $8 tops on coon, $15-20 red fox, less for grays. $14 for mink. Thats all i remember....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page