Alsheimer Rut Predictions - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Alsheimer Rut Predictions

Did anyone read the annual deer and deer hunting to see the best day prediction that they always come out with? It is the one article that I always like to read because they have done many years of research to predict based on moon phases, etc. If anybody has any info that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lv2hunt
Re: Alsheimer Rut Predictions

I did not read it, but went to one of his seminars 2 years ago, and he said last year that the rut would not be very good in our area, he said that the primetime, if you will, would be while we were sitting on our behinds once bow season ended, and before the start of rifle. I'm sure everyone in different places experienced different things, but I would say Mr. Alsheimer was pretty spot on with what I saw out of hunting last year. And I stress, with what I saw. You can hunt 6 days a week during deer season, I'm out for at least 4 of them. As he talked about 2012, he said that was going to be the year we would see it full blown as bow hunters, he said October 31st - Novemeber 7th is when it will explode. I know this because I was taking notes in my phone on some key things he said.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Rutting moon on 29th of October. He is pretty spot on every year. Its gonna be fun watching it unfold this year
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Not sure what he said for PA but Ill. chase phase is Oct 29 to the 7th. Hope he's right, thats when I'll be out there. I enjoy his info as well and actually find him to be pretty accurate. Most of the time its like duh, who doesn't know that but occassionally when the best action is predicted to be earlier or later in the season it's amazing how right he is.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM

from oct.30, to about nov 14, is the best time to be in your stand . year after year
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmlm
from oct.30, to about nov 14, is the best time to be in your stand . year after year
True dat!

I often wonder,Why do people get mad, when you tell them the truth?

"You can't fix stupid!"
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM

I can't believe people actually believe that Charlie's predictions are correct for the PA free range whitetail rut. The has been years of hard data against what Charlie has said. The peak breeding day in PA for our free range whitetails is always right on or around the 14th of November, regardless of the moon.

God Bless the USA.

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to lv2hunt

I'm not saying that I worship him as a deer God or anything like that, it was a seminar that a Vendor of mine was offering at his church, so I went. I figure the man is talking about deer hunting, so why not, I'm always game to hear somebody's thoughts and theories on deer.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM

All i will say, is that i saw little if any rutting activity last year. Comparing it to 2010 on the same properties, it was night and day.

It can;t be any worse than last year, did not even get the op to draw on a legal buck at all.

RIP Tuff 98-11, So many hunts, so many good times!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Last year moon on November 9th. It was just getting started and our season was over. His prediction was on last year too. I don't worship the guy, but I believe he knows what he is saying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page