Firestorm Trigger - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Firestorm Trigger

Hi. Does anyone have any experience lightening up the trigger pull on their Firestorm? Did you do it yourself, or can you recommend someone? I called T/C as soon as I received the gun, to complain about the horrible trigger. While T/C was more than willing to look at the gun on my dime, they explained that due to liability reasons, there was only so much they could do with the trigger. After reading others results, I feel sending the gun back would be a waste of time and money. I really like the gun, with the exception of the trigger. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Re: Firestorm Trigger

I owned one and you will have to shoot it alot. The trigger is not all that bad. I would rather have a light trigger but in the same respect if the flint fires then thats all that really matters. I am guessing you have a flint if not then the trigger would be a bigger problem.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Fort,

I had the same problem with my firestorm. It had a lot of creep also. Sent it to T/C for trigger work, but it didn't make much of a difference because of the liability issues. I sent it to Dave Logan's shooter's supply in Harrisburg and had him put a double trigger on it and I am very pleased with the results.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 AM

the more you shoot the gun the easier it should get sometimes you can emery fine fine sand the side of the trigger if it has the piece that gos up and down beside the stationay arm

hate hang fires
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. Yes, this gun is a Flint. I purchased 2 of these at the same time, one for my Dad, and one for myself, as soon as they came out. The triggers are horrible on both guns. After seeing how frustrated I was with my gun, my Dad GAVE his to the hired hand before he even fired it. The hired hand hates his as much as I do, and we have both been using our old Hawkins' since. Neither Firestorm has been shot 10 times. I get mad every time I see my Firestorm. I don't think the Firestorm ignites the pellets very consistently either. Does anyone here have a recent production Firestorm ? How is the trigger on the recent production guns?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortgreg
I don't think the Firestorm ignites the pellets very consistently either.
Better off shooting good old BP out of flinters IMHO. Pellets and flints don't go together regardless of what the box tells ya.

I have a Firestorm as well and really like it. The trigger is bad but some of the features of the Firestorm are nice to have.

I support all hunters!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
dce

I have a RMC accusporter that had a horrible factory Trigger.I sent it to a gun builder up in Emporium and he fixed the problem for less than 20 bucks.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 03:05 PM

I bought a Firestorm 3-4 years ago.I too thought my rigger was to tight and if you don,t pratice with it,it will ruin a opportunity at a deer.Take your lock off and clean it real good and lather it up real good inside with borebutter.That improved mine alot.As a matter of fact,I now like the trigger.When it is real cold though I cycle the hammer back and forth slowly ever so often to keep it limber.My next attempt to try to lighten it up if I wasn,t now satisfied was to leave the hammer on full cock for a while to weaken the spring a tad.Hope this helps.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 AM

Samething with my Firestorm. This is one of the reasons I no longer have it. I love set triggers on my Flints. I now shoot the Renegade and Greatplains. I contacted TC and some custom gunsmiths trying to find someone that could build me a set trigger for the Firestorm. No can do, so I sold it.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is deadly
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:37 PM

There is a post on here about someone sayin they were goin to have a double set trigger set up installed on their Firestorm.I too like the 2 triggers.I got my F/storm workin fine.But if I had to do it all over again,I probably wouldn,t have bought it cause syn.stocks and such just don,t seem right with a flinty.I am goin to get a ner Renny built and it will have 2 triggers.The price of the F/storm has gone up almost double since I bought mine.I love the Co.,but I wouldn,t pay the price they are at today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page