What load for TC Firestorm?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

What load for TC Firestorm??

Just bought a firestorm yesterday and want to know what loads works for you? Do you like the performance of this gun? Seems the trigger pull is awful and can't see any adjustment. Ya got any cures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:14 AM

Re: What load for TC Firestorm??

100 grains of 777 pelets 245 grain powerbelt shoots good for me
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM

trigger pull is awful
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 12:14 PM

I also shoot a firestorm. In my opinion, you can't buy a better flintlock for PA deer hunting. Its weather resistant, fiberoptic sights are really nice, and it is just the right length. I sent mine back to TC in the off season and had them clean up the trigger free of charge. It made a noticable difference. Still a little stiff, but I can live with it now. As for loads, mine will shoot any bullet in the 295 grain range excellent. Powerbelts are what I've been using since I bought the gun (295 HP) but lately I have been experimenting with some less expensive bullets with very good results. Yesterday I shot the Buffalo Bullet Company Special Purpose Sabot hollow point bullet and got better results than ever. Hopefully I get to test them on a deer in a few days. As for powder, shoot the real stuff, 100 grains GOEX 2F in the barrell, 4F in the pan. I am not a fan of the synthetic powders for flintlocks. The guns are designed to shoot black powder, and 9 times out of 10, you will get better results with it. I see way too many hangfires and erratic grouping with the synthetic powders out of flintlocks. Good luck with the gun. You'll enjoy it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Mine likes 110 grains Goex 2F with a 240 grain Hornady 45 cal. pistol bullet tucked into a T/C Mag Express sabot. 4F in the pan.
Wouldn't a set trigger be a nice addition for this gun?

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 12:27 PM

I shoot 80 Grains with a round ball. It tears them up when you hit'em. The recoil down and less fire coming out the end of the barrel. Less chance the woods will start on fire. lol
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 01:13 PM

I forgot to mention...Change your flint. The TC premiums are OK, but I prefer an English or a German flint. They make a world of difference in the amount of spark you get.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
Mine likes 110 grains Goex 2F with a 240 grain Hornady 45 cal. pistol bullet tucked into a T/C Mag Express sabot. 4F in the pan.
Wouldn't a set trigger be a nice addition for this gun?
Heck ya!! I am for double set triggers on most all muzzleloaders. The only exception would be a fowler on fast birds.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 01:47 PM

I shoot a Firestorm and use 350gr T/C Maxi hunters being pushed by 120gr of 2F Goex,4F in the pan and get good results.Polished the trigger to lighten it up,but its still a little stiff.Deadly out to 75yds,can still a hit a paper plate @ 100yds. Also like what was mentioned above about changing the flint,the german flints last longer.Heck mine will even fire sometimes without flash powder.Great choice in a flintlock.Good luck
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 02:02 PM

100 grains of 2f Goex and a 320 grain Lee REAL bullit.4f in the pan and Tom Fuller english flints. Cleaned up my trigger with a jewelers file.Dropped one in her tracks last year at 65 yds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page