Is Ozonics legal to use in Pa? - Page 5 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM

Re: Is Ozonics legal to use in Pa?

Work on being a better woodmen and you would not have to try to rely on the ozonics. There has been big buck hunters long before ozonics and they will be here long after the ozonics gimmick fades away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Laser rangefinders are legal and they are a electronic device. I am not seeing why the ozonics would be deemed illegal.

I support all hunters!
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Excellent point!!!
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM

The topic at hand is "What is the legality of Ozonics for use while hunting in PA and if illegal, why?"

Has nothing to do with hunting abilities.

HPA, the best place on the internet to get an answer to a question not asked..........
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlank
The topic at hand is "What is the legality of Ozonics for use while hunting in PA and if illegal, why?"

Has nothing to do with hunting abilities.

HPA, the best place on the internet to get an answer to a question not asked..........
What it does is uses the natural oxygen from the environment pulls it through with a fan and sends it across a coil with electric current and creates ozone that then is dispersed over your scent......that's why its illegal it uses an electric current to create the ozone, that's the answer I got when I called the pgc

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALLER
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebcohntr
What it does is uses the natural oxygen from the environment pulls it through with a fan and sends it across a coil with electric current and creates ozone that then is dispersed over your scent......that's why its illegal it uses an electric current to create the ozone, that's the answer I got when I called the pgc
Ozone is not a food based scent so it can't be illegal based on that. As far as electronic devices, I am not aware of any reg that allows laser rangefinders but they are also electronic devices and are accepted as legal to use while hunting.

I support all hunters!
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 07:41 PM

My 12 volt heater alters air to create heat, is that illegal too?

POSTED: Pleny of squirrels, turkey, even deer.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
Laser rangefinders are legal and they are a electronic device. I am not seeing why the ozonics would be deemed illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd canon 40D
copied from the pgc website title 58.

§ 141.6. Illegal devices.

It is unlawful to:
(6) Hunt or take wildlife through the use of an electronic contrivance or device not permitted by Commission regulation.
Seems to me that can be interpreted pretty broadly. Are we permitted to "Hunt or take wildlife through the use of an electronic contrivance" called a GPS?
Or are laser rangefinders and GPS receivers specifically permitted by Commission regulation?

Not arguing, just wondering specifically why § 141.6.(6) exists or is worded the way it is. How many other "electronic contrivances" might fall under that rule?

Steve.

"When you put a buck on your wall, it links you to those guys who painted the walls of caves." --Me.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 01:52 PM

Trail cams are illegal to use during deer season if your useing them to aid in getting a deer, cell phones& two way radios are illegal if you use them to aid in getting a deer....
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemannn
Trail cams are illegal to use during deer season if your useing them to aid in getting a deer, cell phones& two way radios are illegal if you use them to aid in getting a deer....
So would the old Trail Timers--where the deer break a strong and the clock stops--be illegal?

Steve.

"When you put a buck on your wall, it links you to those guys who painted the walls of caves." --Me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page