Any snowfall totals for West Hickory/Tionesta area - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Any snowfall totals for West Hickory/Tionesta area

I am trying to find snowfall totals for the West Hickory/Tionesta area. I cant seem to find anything online. If you guys have a go to place for that information I would be very grateful to know where I can find how much snow is on the ground.

If someone has first hand numbers that would be great as well. I just want to know what I am looking at before point the truck northwest to head to deer camp this friday. Im seeing another winter storm warning calling for another possible six inches. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 03:32 PM

Re: Any snowfall totals for West Hickory/Tionesta area

My buddies camp about 10-15mi east of Clarion has about 4" on the ground...

That doesn't help a lot though....there were bands moving off the lake that hit some areas harder...coming home on 80 west we had to do 10-15mph a few times and in between was dry pavement...it was crazy....

And like you said another storm is in the works and up that way looks like mostly a good snowfall...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

About 18 miles away from where we hunt in oil city they got 18-20 or so from what I can gather. So alot can change in a few miles but I am hoping the cabin isn't buried in 24+ by the time I get there. If that is the case I may be waiting a few more days before I head up.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:08 PM

In the Marienville area yesterday before we left in the afternoon there was only about 2 inches on the ground but who is to say what is coming.

live laugh love and hunt hard!

Forest county got to love it!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:28 PM

I'm about 5 miles from Tidioute which is 14 miles north of Tionesta. Got about 4" on the ground right now and lower areas have hardly anything. A lot depends on this storm that's heading this way. I'll keep posting results or either PM you!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:56 PM

My parents camp is in West Hickory. When we left yesterday morning on top of the hill we had about 6 inches. Coming home it was pounding it down in Knox and 80 was a bit rough until Emlenton.

2F for a while...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Great thanks for the update.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I'm about 5 miles from Tidioute which is 14 miles north of Tionesta. Got about 4" on the ground right now and lower areas have hardly anything. A lot depends on this storm that's heading this way. I'll keep posting results or either PM you!
Thanks for the help and updates it really makes things easier. Im really glad to have folks like this on this site. It shows the true character of the men/women sportsmen on here.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 PM

I live 3 miles outside Oil City. We easily got 15, probably more like 18. I went to Pithole/Pleasantville area today, 5-6 inches there. Titusville has about 6. It's crazy how the lake effect bands can dump so much in one area and 10 miles away not half as much. Personally, I don't want any more, but with another storm coming more looks imminent.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 10:34 PM

Our camp is in Venus (Fryburg area) we had about 6" when we left sunday at noon. When we got to Oil city there was probably a foot on the ground.

Free Madcatter!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page