no bus from bass pro to sportsman show - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Re: no bus from bass pro to sportsman show

If you do go have this advice,pack your own drinks ive paid three dollars for a bottle of water and dress lightly it get hotter than the sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
tdd

My kids enjoy the show, and I take them every year. I take a good strong daypack with room for their coats (and mine), and room for water bottles in large quantities!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS
The head cheese that run's the sportsman show cut bass pro out of the loop. Nothing more to it, short and sweet!

bs
whats funny is he used to work at bass pro too! im sure bass pro will still get the foot traffic it usually does as a result of the show but atleast it shouldn't clog their parking lot and store like it has in the past
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2813
As it stood last year if you werent there to buy a boat or book a trip you wasted your time, money and energy to see a repeat of the prior ten years.
I always enjoyed going to the show but this is how I started to feel about it also. We used to go every year, but probably stopped going 10-12 years ago for this very reason. Would be nice if they'd limit the number of outfitters there trying to get you to sign up for trips. [/quote]

Just don't know how to respond to this.....are you really serious?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2813
Would be nice if they'd limit the number of outfitters there trying to get you to sign up for trips.
Why? Who would that benefit? The more outfitters, the better selection.

I usually spend 3 hours max, but the year I knew I was going on an elk hunt, I was there from Opening till closing. This year I'll be with a group of guys as we look for an outfitter for a Caribou hunt, and also doing an elk hunt with another buddy.

Will be a long visit this year!
Just my opinion, but it's like looking for a car. Whoever throws the best sales pitch and price is probably the outfitter you're going to use. I would rather look for a hunting trip via outfitters that others I know have used, and read reviews. I find the show much more interesting for demo's and shows, rather than listening to people throw sales pitches to me.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 AM

To each their own but I absolutely love going to the show. I spend two full days there every year. I for one wish there were more outfitters. Call me selfish but that's why I go! Have booked numerous trips there over the years and I always enjoy seeing the owners and guides that I've hunted with.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 AM

I saw a billboard in Philly the other day advertising an Amtrak excursion special to the show, with a shuttle from the train station and discounted tickets. http://www.patripsbytrain.com/easter...tdoor-show-02/ If you live near an Amtrak station, it might be less stress.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 AM

Boycotting the show for at least the last 10 yrs.
( cuz all their crap)

Another day in paradise. God hunts on Sundays.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page