The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Dmap

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  KingB_44 
#1 ·
Is there a location/site to find out how many DMAP licences are left for a unit? Thanks.

#3 ·
That site is only for DCNR DMAPs. If you are looking for a private property or other than DCNR listing you can look on the participating landowners list on the PGC website. Click on the county that you want. If the property is still listed, then there are licenses left. Or call the contact person to see, if there is one.

#5 ·
Well, the Private Landowner list I'm sure, is only a partial list. When applying for Private Landowner Coupons ( I have 5), they ask if you want the information released to the public. I stated NO, as I have non-residents that take them. They come in to hunt the 1st week of rifle, and you cannot shoot an antlerless the 1st wk of rifle in 2A, UNLESS you do it under a DMAP tag.

#9 ·
You have to go to the participating landowners tab on the PGC webpage. 2211 and 2288 are Allegheny National Forest DMAP units, not DCNR. Those units will not appear on the DCNR site.
When the map comes up on the PGC site. click the county that you want and follow the links.

#11 ·
presque isle state park in Erie county has 100 tags for 1863 acres. i looked at other properties in other counties that have a lot more acreage and they got a lot fewer tags.

i know they are suppose to go by a certain formula but i think the park just wants all the deer gone.

#16 ·
Last year when I ordered my license on line at 02:00 day they became available I got the #1 DMAP, this year I purchased mine the same time and my DMAP tag was #117, for the same area.
Guess more guys figured out it was a good way to get around waiting for the first Saturday of rifle to shoot a doe.

Reactions: bohunr
#21 ·
Here's a funny one:: DMAPs have been on sale since monday. Just today I got a postcard from the PGC telling me about the DMA system being revamped and that the "tags" had been incorporated into the DMAP program, and it gave the division and their numbers. This, only five days after the DMAPs went on sale. Great timing!! Just like no forewarnng of the "no digest" thingy!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.