The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

If you had these guns, what (1) would you add?

2K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  triggercreep 
#1 ·
I've got the following rifles:

Marlin 32 Spc lever action
Marlin 30-30 AS lever action

Remington 22lr bolt

Remington 760 gamemaster 30-06 pump
Remington 760 gamemaster 270 pump

I know I want a Browning A-Bolt, it's just the caliber I'm debating on. Right now I'm thinking 7mm mag.for a little longer range, or just go with another 30-06 and use a 150 gr. bullet for deer, and then sight in the 760 30-06 with a 200 or 220 gr. bullet for bear.

Interested to know what you might do?

#16 ·
There is no wrong answer to a question like that. Until I own every cartridge/gun combination, there will always be a empty spot to fill.

Of the choices you mentioned, I would choose the 7mmMag. Just because you already have two .308 calibers and no 7mm's.

Good luck, Tony

#19 ·
figure out what type of hunting you will be doing, or which caliber you could use more. you could ask all numbers of people and get their own personal interest. but is it going to suit your interest, or uses. pick up the book called the hunters rifle, might guide you in the right direction. besides that its interesting reading

#20 ·
I have thought more on this.Any gun added to your collection is best.Buy what makes you feel good,for now.You will want another,we all do.I was talking to woman yesterday.Very nice woman(btw)she said guns are a mans jewelry.I thought about that for a few moments.I found she was kind of smart.I know she is right about me.I care about firearms like they love jewelry.Kind of nice that they know about us already .That way they know what to buy us.

#21 ·
All depends on your needs, game, and set up.

Not sure you'd get much out of a 7MM Mag in the eastern hardwoods, now a little more open or out west...sure thing.

I'd get a short bolt action .308 for the mix, you can get ammo anywhere for it, not too expensive ammo either and will be more than effective on 90% of critters.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.