The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Old photos

90K views 134 replies 70 participants last post by  Orion86 
#1 ·
I was sent these in a group of old photos, thought they'd be of interest to hunters.

"They were found by a Metis near Baptiste Lake in 1910 and were reared by bottle and
broken to drive by Mr. Day at Athabasca Landing during the winter of 1910. Mr. Day and the moose team hauled mail and supplies.
"

"Deer Hunter Living In A Log , 1893. Tough guys live in tough places, I guess. Home is where you make it!
"

See less See more
#3 ·
Two things interest me about that second pic.

First, the size of that log. I dare anyone to find a log that you could climb into and sleep in. Second, the gun propped up on the log... Lever action 12ga or 45-70? Pretty beefy for a standard 30-30.

#4 ·
#13 ·
TRAPJAW said:
Two things interest me about that second pic.

First, the size of that log. I dare anyone to find a log that you could climb into and sleep in. Second, the gun propped up on the log... Lever action 12ga or 45-70? Pretty beefy for a standard 30-30.
Looks Like a Winchester mod 1886 shotgun probably 10 or 12 ga.

#14 ·
Used to date a girl that had a picture of her grandfather and his brother when they very young men. They are posing with a large bull elk they had harvested, one man had a Remington 81 and the other had a broom handle Mauser. I believe the picture was taken in NM I always thought it was cool, she had it in a frame above her fire place.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.