The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

What knife is in your pocket or on your hip?

15K views 86 replies 68 participants last post by  GSP66 
#1 ·
Just wondering what you guys are carrying?

I been on a Kershaw kick lately. Right now I have a Kershaw Camber in my pocket.

#3 ·
I have a Schatt&Morgan swell center folder in orange bone. I believe it to be a prototype from the Series in the 90's.
On my hip is an intregal hunter I finally got around to finishing a month or so ago. Curly oak scales/5160 steel.
I like to go exotic :)
Life is too shorty to be carrying an ugly knife (quoted from AT Barr)

#9 ·
I like the American made Kershaw and Benchmade folders. Though, today I am carrying a Spyderco Endura plain edge(Jap made) which I think has a 3.5 inch blade and is light weight. I like the Spyderco because it tucks in the waistband nicely. Another nice lightweight folder is the Kershaw Skyline, but it only has a 3" blade.

#10 ·
RobOz said:
I like the American made Kershaw and Benchmade folders. Though, today I am carrying a Spyderco Endura plain edge(Jap made) which I think has a 3.5 inch blade and is light weight. I like the Spyderco because it tucks in the waistband nicely. Another nice lightweight folder is the Kershaw Skyline, but it only has a 3" blade.
I had a skyline and I loved it but I bent the tip a little too easily. I got it from Walmart though so I wonder if it was inferior quality.

#18 ·
My everyday pocket knife is an Old Timer 194OT, my hunting knife is an Old Timer125OT which is basically a 194OT in a larger size. I have two brand new 194OT's that I will give to the grandsons when their old enough to treat them with respect. All are USA made.
I'm looking for a Jean Case fixed blade like my father's, son is carrying it now but wants a different knife, afraid of loosing this one. Would be a nice gift if I can find one, which I will.
I'm also looking for a Kinsfolks 380, like the one I loss many years ago. I've found a couple but the price hasn't been right for the condition. Again I'll find the right one at the right price sooner or later.

#23 ·
I always have an old Sharp brand( from Kmart I think) model 300 on my hip...love that knife. In the pocket is a Camillus paraframe half serrated Wal Mart $20 knife and a Buck 375 Deuce.Gonna jump on ebay and pick up a couple more Sharp knives, really like that style and feel.

#26 ·
I have a Kershaw Blur (assisted open) with S30V steel. That is one TOUGH knife. Hard to sharpen because the steel is so tough, but it'll hold an edge for-freakin'-ever.

A friend gave me an Emerson CQC-15. It's not assisted opening, but it has a hook on the spine that will catch on your pocket if you tilt the knife the right way and it'll open fully when you withdraw it from your pocket. Hard to explain, but a pretty cool feature. I like both...the Kershaw has a sort of sharp/pointy stud on the blade that tends to scratch/mark stuff as I move around (have to be careful not to catch it on furniture, exterior of vehicles, etc), the Emerson doesn't. The Kershaw is AO, which I like a lot....etc etc.

Both are good, solid knives. The big thing with the Kershaw Blur is to get the S30V option. That raises the cost considerable, but good grief is that a tough blade. And Kershaw backs their stuff. I had the assisted opening stop working....sent it back and they fixed it promptly along with a sharpening too. No cost.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.