PA truck registration for 2500HD... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

PA truck registration for 2500HD...

So over the summer my truck was totalled. In September I ended up buying a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD with only 94k on it.

So we did the paperwork and then the state says that the totals were wrong and to send them some extra money because the guy who processed the title transfer messed it up. So I called and lady at PennDOT said that the title person didn't charge me enough money for the title. Simple error ok I'll pay the state its monies.

Well I got the title and registration back yesterday and its titled as a 4A truck??? So I looked that up and registration is $212.00 a year? Insert numerous curse words here...

Are all 2500 HD trucks registered as this? I mean its a beater single cab work truck. This thing has no power anything, not even a tape player just a radio, its a 6.0 gas V8 with a manual transmission. How is registration $212.00 a year? If I was towing cars or something for a business maybe but I doubt I will put 2k miles on it this year.

I will literally only use this thing to hunt and haul small loads. In google searching I've read where you can title down a truck in PA or register it as a lower class? Does anyone have any experience in doing that? I called PennDOT again but the lady I talked to had no idea what I was talking about... Are all 2500HD trucks titled like this?

Below is a picture of my truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1479876802571.jpg (118.9 KB, 39 views)

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

It is due to the weight class your truck is in. No avoiding it.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:39 PM

If it is over 9000 lbs it is correct.When the rates went up about 3 years ago you could no longer down class a truck in Pa.If the sticker states over 9000 lbs you won't win trying to fight it.9001 up to 10,000 lbs is 4A then it goes to 4B.Info below is from the current form in use.

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dv...rms/MV-70S.pdf

Bob Seger,till it shines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Well thats dumb. Oh well, I really like the truck though so I'm not going to sell it or anything.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 07:08 PM

Just for owning a f350 I think I am at the 303 mark.

"You meet a better class of people in the dark."
-LP

Ever get lonely? Remember the NSA is right there with you!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yep just bought a 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 with Diesel and that's what it costs...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 12:16 AM

I'm paying the same for my 2500. I wouldn't own a 1500 series. They're just cars with a bed behind them. I've driven 3/4 tons for the last 20 years....they're built heavy enough that they don't nickel and dime you to death for bearings and brakes. When you load em up, they still handle great. The 6 liter motor is one tough engine, I think you could dump sand in the crankcase and it'll still run.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Frequent Contributor

Registration went up to $217 this year. Your 2500 is emissions exempt so, that offsets the cost a little at inspection time.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:02 PM

Hey, at least you got a manual transmission. Try finding that in a full size today.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
Hey, at least you got a manual transmission. Try finding that in a full size today.
I know right? I love manual transmissions. My daily driver is a 15 Toyota 4Runner Trail and if I could have bought that in a manual I would have. I used to have a 94 Ford Explorer sport that was a 5 speed also.

Automatics are so boring. I'm in my early 30s and it always surprises me how many of my friends have no idea how to drive manual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page