Tactacam 4.0 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Tactacam 4.0

Just got a Tactacam 4.0 and am just beginning to test it out..... thus far i'm very impressed! anyone else have one? what are your thoughts on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:34 AM

I have the first one and it is good except for the audio ,I want to try it without the back on it to see if it sounds better. I might have to upgrade if your tests work out
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'm planning to test it out this weekend. My son has a GoPro Session, i'm going to try doing a side by side test to see which is better - but judging from the short videos we've both done thus far, I think the Tactacam 4.0 is by far the better choice. The 2.7K video is very very clear, and although I haven't really tested the sound on either yet, for hunting - i'm not sure the sound really matters much. But I still plan to do a video with a radio playing in the background - to see how it sounds on both cameras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My brother has one the tactacam 4.0. The only issue he had was battery not holding charge. He got it straighten out with the company in a matter of days with a new battery. At first I thought he was holding a flashlight while we were checking our trail cameras. He was recording the scenery while walking in the woods. I handled the unit. It's light and I was impressed. As for the video? Clear audio, clear video. I just got to have 1 of them to mount on my rifle. My 2 cents the go pro's are things in the past. He had 1 of them plus another expensive unit. But as for the Tactacam 4.0 best $329.00 he spent on a camera. I do have that on my must have list this upcoming hunting season. Enjoy...
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:13 AM

what did the back cover look like? mine has only one small hole in the middle
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have a 2.0. I love it (when I remember to turn it on!). As was mentioned, the audio pick-up with the 2.0 is pretty bad. I have tried it with the back cover off and it is still pretty fuzzy. But I didn't get it for sound quality. I really wish I could afford a 4.0 though. From everything I have seen, they really packed in the upgrades for this version. I have linked a few videos that have been shot with my 2.0:

First Fall Turkey with the bow

Brother getting it done

Fox video
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Nice videos for sure... and those were on the 2.0? the 4.0 has a 5X zoom mode that would have made that doe look a lot closer.... problem I'm thinking about is that if I have it on my gun, crossbow, etc. then I will have to actually aim at every animal I want to record. Not to mention the problem you seemed to have in your videos - of not staying on the animal after the shot....... So i'm considering getting a second camera for a hat mount, to capture everything that i'm not hunting.... Actually thinking of ordering one of those GoPro Clones ( SJ7000 ) off of Ebay for $50.....
Anyway, i'm hopeing to do a comparison video - like I said above - most likely tomorrow...
How do you link videos to these posts? do you have to have them on youtube?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well, I just woke up about an hour ago (Working 3rd shift is a pain in the butt)... anyway, we just did a gopro vs tactacam sound test: the tactacam records sound at a much higher volume than the gopro. Downside being that if you're too close to the sound, it sounds very loud and distorted. where as the gopro may be a lot lower volume, but also sounds a lot clearer..... Tomorrow we've decided to take the cameras out hunting some "Tree-Rats" for awhile, then we'll likely do a few tests while out in the woods. Hopefully i'll have some videos from each to compare tomorrow evening.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well I made a short video comparing the two, but not sure how to post it?
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Man View Post
Well I made a short video comparing the two, but not sure how to post it?
I think you still have to use something like photobucket to do the videos !

Blend in or go hungry !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page