Venison coming to Arby's ahead of Pa. hunting season - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Venison coming to Arby's ahead of Pa. hunting season

Hunters looking to get their venison fix before heading out to the woods this November are in luck.

Six Arby's locations in southwestern Pennsylvania will offer venison sandwiches for a limited time before opening day of rifle hunting season.

The sandwich includes a thick venison steak marinated in garlic, salt and pepper. The meat is topped with crispy onions and a juniper berry sauce and served on a toasted roll.

"Hunters hunt the meats, and we have the meats, so it makes sense for us to connect with them and offer a sandwich that they can't get at any other restaurant chain," Rob Lynch, chief marketing officer and brand president of Arby's Restaurant Group Inc., said in a press release "We're a brand that's not afraid to take risks and while the Venison sandwich is probably the biggest stretch for us yet, it's incredibly delicious and we can't wait to get it in the hands of our guests. You won't leave a hunt empty-handed after stopping by Arby's."

The sandwiches will be available Nov. 25-27 at these Pennsylvania locations:

5205 Library Road, Bethel Park
4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue
16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg
2539 W State St., New Castle
2648 Ellwood Road, New Castle
3224 Wilmington Road, New Castle
Select locations in Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Tennessee and Wisconsin are also participating in the promotion.

Last year's deer hunting season had the biggest buck kill Pennsylvania has seen in 13 years. Archery season for deer opened across Pennsylvania on Oct. 1.

Read More Here: http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.s...nsylvania.html

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/show...93#post1790393
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

Anyone try it?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Couldn't get one. The Bellview location sold out the first day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Part of the Community

My question is - how much does it cost?

If it takes 2 to 3 years to raise a cow to maturity and a full grown cow probably makes 700 lbs of meat, and it takes almost 2 years to raise a deer to maturity and it produces about 70 lbs of meat, how much would it cost to cut the steaks off and make sandwiches out of it.

My guess is that it would cost about $15 a lbs to sell venison - hence twice as much as a good steak in a grocery store. You would have to be nuts to believe that the meat is going to be more than a 1/16th of an inch thick!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Part of the Community

I had one when they were in New Castle. The picture is pretty accurate of the sandwich I got.
Price was $7.99 for the meal and was good tasting and more tender than I expected.

Our restaurants had a limit because they said the first few restaurants sold out so fast.

Frank7ptbk

2F
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:14 AM
The Man

seeing how fast they sold out, they should bring them back in vast quantities and in more locations.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:49 AM

They would bring them back, but they are tagged out this year.....

"Molon Labe"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:29 AM
The Man

Nothing around here
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerbo View Post
My question is - how much does it cost?

If it takes 2 to 3 years to raise a cow to maturity and a full grown cow probably makes 700 lbs of meat, and it takes almost 2 years to raise a deer to maturity and it produces about 70 lbs of meat, how much would it cost to cut the steaks off and make sandwiches out of it.

My guess is that it would cost about $15 a lbs to sell venison - hence twice as much as a good steak in a grocery store. You would have to be nuts to believe that the meat is going to be more than a 1/16th of an inch thick!
A while back my local Giant supermarket had venison tenderloin steaks, about $25 a pound, if I recall. Is the deer meat market regulated and inspected by the FDA? I'm thinking of these deer farms and CW.
bohunr likes this.

For by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved. As a man thinks, so he is....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:58 AM
The Man

that is a good question.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page