Nosler E Tips - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Nosler E Tips

Anyone use these with good results? Accuracy? Kills? Picked up a box and will load for a 280.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 AM

Re: Nosler E Tips

let us know how they shoot!

im afraid to say it but i feel in my lifetime we'll likely see a lead bullet ban....many (if not all) bullet makers are making them now...

just wonder if we HAVE lead if we will be able to continue to use them....

i dont have a stockpile of bullets yet...but with prices only going up, i wanna start....but questioning it because i feel sooner or later there will be a lead ban and i dont wanna get shafted with thousands of lead bullets to last me a real long time...

ive heard mixed results about some of the lead free jobs shooting accurately...i think the problem lies in the weight...our barrels are twisted for certain weights...to obtain the same weight bullet lead free, the bullets gotta be longer...throwing off the stabilization....which i think is why there are reports of them not shooting as accurately...maybe im wrong...

i know bullets like Barnes have a great following and seem to do well on game though...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 AM

If you want to go non-lead I would suggest cutting edge bullets........made in pa to boot....

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/cgi-b...on&key=MTH_J01

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

I picked them up at the East Coast Guns sale. I will be reloading for my brothers' 280 Rem. this year and thought I would give them a try (30% off). I do shoot the Barnes TTSX out of my 270 Win. using IMR 4350 with great accuracy. These bullets are indeed long, they look like small telephone poles, haven't stood them beside the TTSX yet but I'm pretty sure they are longer. I thought I read on here awhile ago that somebody had problems with them expanding fully on deer. I emailed Nosler and they said to back off 2 grains from each of their accubond loads.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 AM

good luck with them! i'll be interested in hearing results...i know barnes has a following of people that love their bullets...ive never shot one...im a nosler fan...not "stuck" on them..but have good results on game and accuracy...so they are my go-to bullets first..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM

They shoot great, but I know of a couple instances where they did not perform well on game.

At least 2 animals that failed to open, just penciled through. Still died with follow up shots, but not good enough in my opinion.

Alot better bullets out that will keep more money in your pocket.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 AM

There seems to be a trend of these type of bullets now that retain more weight but they dont blow causing pass thrus. I still believe in fragmintation, i want that bullet coming apart some causing internal damage no need for blood trail than. Guess it seems a matter of opinion of what school you chose.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater
There seems to be a trend of these type of bullets now that retain more weight but they dont blow causing pass thrus. I still believe in fragmintation, i want that bullet coming apart some causing internal damage no need for blood trail than. Guess it seems a matter of opinion of what school you chose.
Fully Agree. I Love Bergers......
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 AM

Matt, tell me what bergers you used and opinion on damage control. Ive been playing with some 95's in my 6mmx284 factory 242 twist but only on paper and lr milk jugs. They do seem to fly well out to 1k yards.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM

I have used the 185gr and 210 gr hunting VLD in my 300 RUM Sendero with great results. So far have taken 2 elk (one at 250 yards and the other at under 100, both pumped full of adrenaline) and a deer at 450 yards, along with a bunch of steel. The bergers do come apart like a grenade, but as long as you dont put them through the shoulder meat damage is minimal.

I use the 52 gr Varmint Match in my 22-250 with great results on P-dogs and coyotes. Have taken p-dogs out to 400, and they are great on yote pelts.

I would love to build a 6mm or 6.5mm like the one you describe, as I think paired with the Bergers would make a great long range yote or deer gun.

Or a 338 Edge....which I believe you have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page